The ARK Deployer Hub is here to guide you through the process of creating your own blockchain utilizing the ARK Deployer with three simple steps.
By utilizing ARK Deployer, you gain a fully functioning, standalone blockchain, not just a token or smart contract. Your new blockchain can be molded to fit your specific industry or use-case through our extensible, modular infrastructure. Our platform includes access to well over a dozen SDKs, flexible Typescript plugins, and an ever-expanding catalog of custom transaction types to implement within any project or service.
How Does the Process Work?
There are three steps in the process: Prepare, Customize, and Deploy.
In this stage, you will use the ARK Deployer Hub to follow simple guides and procedures. Topics include:
- How to design your ideal network.
- How to create and connect to servers.
- How to configure GitHub in preparation for launch.
Virtual private server (VPS) providers such as Digital Ocean make it easy to create secure, affordable nodes without the need for expensive hardware. Anyone with a basic technical background can do it!
In this stage, also known as the fun part, you will use ARK Deployer to configure your new chain’s properties. Use buttons and sliders along with helpful tooltips to make your way through the process in a snap. To make things even simpler, there are three levels of customization available to you:
- Basic. Receive a blockchain with properties just like the ARK Public Network, and customize identity variables like chain name, ticker symbol, and more.
- Intermediate. Additionally customize variables relating to the economic model, like block rewards, fee structure, forging delegate count, and block time.
- Advanced. Customize additional variables like server ports and database paths.
Regardless of the level you choose, you will always have the option to “Use Default” for any individual variable, to speed things up (with the exception of the first step, naming your blockchain). Moreover, whichever level you choose will result in a full-featured blockchain.
With preparations made and blockchain parameters configured, it’s time to deploy your blockchain in the form of a genesis node and peers. The ARK Deployer Hub will guide you through the steps and show you how to:
- Deploy your chain onto the genesis node.
- Test and manage your genesis node.
- Interact with GitHub.
- Add seed peers to your network.
- Add your chain to the ARK Desktop Wallet.
- Add live forging delegates to your network.